Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

funny beeping ...

• Please log in to reply

Zmora

Zmora

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
:] something keeps beeping in my computer :tazz: and i dont know what can it be .. i can even find what is making this funny sound, its similar sound to that when u press many buttons at the time , but it is just beepin almost all the time, and it is getting really annoying.. any one got some ideas, what can it be ??

Edited by Zmora, 16 December 2005 - 10:53 AM.

Advertisements

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,802 posts
Could be a key that is stuck or keeps getting stuck on the keyboard. Check your keyboard for a stuck key, and consider cleaning the keyboard if you do find a stuck key.

Edited by computerwiz12890, 16 December 2005 - 10:56 AM.

Zmora

Zmora

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
nope, its not that easy :tazz: it is beeping even if i have my keybord unplugged

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,802 posts
aww, a challege for me eh? :tazz:

Is there any pattern to the beeping? Do they occur at any particular time?

Edited by computerwiz12890, 16 December 2005 - 10:59 AM.

Zmora

Zmora

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
hmm, sometimes it is a looong beeeep when the system statrs, but nothing more.. it beeps when it wants to ;] and what is most frustating i cant find what is making this sound .. and as i said , its sound similar to beeping when u push too many buttons . and its like one beep per second .

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,802 posts
The long beep when the computer first starts is normal, but the other beeping isn't. I'll research it and reply as soon as possible.

Zmora

Zmora

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
the beep at the start, isnt normal :] trust me ... it is loud as [bleep] :tazz: and normal beep is before.

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,802 posts
I see. Get into BIOS/setup and find out the the name of your BIOS and version number for me. If you don't know how to get into BIOS/setup, read this:

http://computernotio...bios_setup.html

Zmora

Zmora

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Model Name : 8IPE1000-G
Version : F5

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,802 posts
I found several things, so let's get started troubleshooting :tazz:

What I found suggests it is some kind of hardware problem, so let's check your hardware.

Please download Speed Fan and install it.
Start Speed Fan. When it is fully loaded, take a screen shot of the first screen by pressing Print Screen/SysRq on your keyboard. Open Paint and paste. Save the screenshot as a JPEG and post it in a reply to me. Now click on the tab called S.M.A.R.T. and take a screenshot of that as well. Post it in your reply to me as well.

Does this look like your motherboard? Don't open your computer if it is still under warranty! I think this is the motherboard with your type of BIOS. I will look for beep codes and any problems related to your BIOS.

?Your motherboard?

Edited by computerwiz12890, 16 December 2005 - 12:20 PM.

Advertisements

Zmora

Zmora

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
here are screens from speed fan. and yes, that is my motherboard2.JPG 1.JPG

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,802 posts
Backup everything that you want to save right away! If what I'm seeing is correct, you've got a computer that's ready to fail!

The voltages are all outta wack, so you've got a bad power supply.

The hard drive has not failed yet, but it's fitness is very low. You will most likely have to replace it within a year.

There is the possiblility that the motherboard's sensors are bad, but if they aren't... :tazz:

Edited by computerwiz12890, 16 December 2005 - 02:35 PM.

Zmora

Zmora

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
oh my god ;] i can hear this sound for about half a year .... hehe, thats not cool... so , i have to buy new power supply ?? and new disk ? crap... and one more thing, my disk is now almost wrecked , right ? so even if i change my power supply , i will have to change disk too ? is there anything else i can do ?

Edited by Zmora, 16 December 2005 - 03:02 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
there's an off chance that changing the psu will level out your hd's performance (just for a slight glimmer of hope)

Zmora

Zmora

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
hmm... i was lucky that it didnt blow already ? :tazz: