Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

funny beeping ...

• Please log in to reply

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
haha, I could imagine that, but what should be happening right now is your computer should be locking up and randomly restarting. The fact that that isn't happening is great! So you can save your stuff. And you've got a great motherboard, since it actually was warning you about this. I've never heard of the computer beeping like that. That's pretty cool :tazz:

You're hard drive's fitness is off, which may slowly degrade, or it could just collapse. Or it could be misreported because of the power supply situation like dsenette suggested. Backup everything just incase. If and when you replace the power supply, you can post another screenshot of the S.M.A.R.T. section of Speed Fan and we can see if the hard drive is okay. If it is the same as before, I predict failure in 1-2 years.

Edited by computerwiz12890, 16 December 2005 - 05:33 PM.

Advertisements

Zmora

Zmora

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
the worst thing is that i m gonna die if it will not stop beepin... it can be really frustrating.. could it be , that because of this problem, my games are running slower ?

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Absolutely. Your voltages are all out of wack. You should be experiencing all sorts of problems. I find it amazing that you can even get into Windows.

The power supply needs to be replaced. Once it is, the beeping should stop, and things should return to normal.

Zmora

Zmora

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
ok, it is getting worse :tazz: computer collapse every 15 minutes :) what power supply should i buy ? could u recommend one to me ?

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
I'm not too familiar with power supply units and what to look for. If I were in your shoes, I'd buy one that's identical to my current one. But if you'd rather get a different one because of what happened, let me know. I will do some research for you, and I will let you know what info I will need in order to find a good one for you.