Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD Burner Problems

• Please log in to reply

hikari07

hikari07

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I can play any cd, listen to any music cd, etc. but when I put certain blank CDs in, they will not read or do anything. The cd burner just starts to spin the disk, then stops, and the light just flashes on and off. It's a CD-RW that came with my dell. Some blank cds will work, others won't. Two types of Memorex cds that I know of won't work either.

I doubt this has anything to do with it, but I heard there could be problems with your burner if you got rid of the Sony XCP files, although I used the uninstaller that they released with it to get rid of them. (Even though there are two processes remaining for it...)

Any help would be appreciated. I'd like to be able to use my blank CD-RW to back up my school files, and now I can't... :tazz:. Thanks!

Advertisements