Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

All kinds of issues

• Please log in to reply

dough

dough

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Okay yesterday I got nailed with a bad Trojan attack. I think that after many hours using Spybot, Adware, Hi Jack This, and several others I have most of it figured out.

Here is my continued problem. The computer boots up normally, but then the icons and tool bar vanishes and I was getting a "rundll32.exe - application error" and something to due with 0x77dd850f instructions message. I did one more Hi jack This scan and now all icons and tool bar vanishes and only the background and mouse arrow remains. Oh, they only vanish after it click on the tool bar or icon with the mouse.

I was getting a "netsh.exe - application error" after the rundll32 error as well, but I think I solved that.

I can't get on the internet as well, so I am using my work laptop right now.

Anythoughts?

Doug

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Winsock fix for XP is at the top and may help, if so run through the malware removal guide, if not, download them to a PC, save to CDR and load them on to the problem PC

Please go here:

Malware Removal Guide

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, ask for advice in the Malware Forum