Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Warcraft III: TFT B.Net does not connect!

• Please log in to reply

Iron-Wolf

Iron-Wolf

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
I try connecting to Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne over B.Net, and it does not connect even when I am connected to the internet and the internet works! I have no Fire Wall enabled, and this proplem happens with other programs that I try to use over the internet also, for example: Starcraft, Diablo, MSN Messenger, AIM Messenger, DOOM - Online, etc. It does not make any sense! I use Windows XP, and I accessed my I.P. Address settings and made sure the DMZ Host, Default Gateway, Port Triggering, and Default I.P. Address was all correct, but the problem still pursists!

Is there any way I can resolve the situation? :tazz:

Edited by Iron-Wolf, 16 December 2005 - 05:42 PM.

Advertisements

the70sin2005

the70sin2005

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
do you have xp? if so you can change program access and defaults! or if has preveously worked then you can do system restore to that point! :tazz:

Iron-Wolf

Iron-Wolf

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
yes, i have Windows XP. but how do i restore to default or system restore?

the70sin2005

the70sin2005

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
go to Start- programs- accessories- system tools- then system restore and you should be able to do it from there!

Edited by the70sin2005, 16 December 2005 - 05:47 PM.

Iron-Wolf

Iron-Wolf

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Okay, I loaded "System Restore". But which option do I choose? "Restore my computer to an earlier time? or, create a restore point?

i tried the first option and there are no dates that I can use for an earlier time.

i tried the second option and it creates a system restore but it did not do anything besides that.

problem is still not solved! what do i do?

Edited by Iron-Wolf, 16 December 2005 - 06:01 PM.

Iron-Wolf

Iron-Wolf

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
look at my above post before this post! and refer to that post and help me out please!

Edited by Iron-Wolf, 16 December 2005 - 06:06 PM.

the70sin2005

the70sin2005

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
ok well if ther were no system restore points ( yeah you were supposed to use the first option) then im not sure what you can do your computer should have created restore points if you have it set for that but other wise im not sure but hold on ill c what i can do!

the70sin2005

the70sin2005

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
ok, do you have windows sp2?

the70sin2005

the70sin2005

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
well ne way if you do if you go to start- programs- accessories- system tools- security center- then click on windows firewall look to see if that is off or go to the tab that says exceptions and put your games and what not under that!

the70sin2005

the70sin2005

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
one last thing you can try is to go to internet explorer go to the internet options then connections and click on lan settings make sure that is on automatic configure!

Iron-Wolf

Iron-Wolf

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
I do not have SP2, and I do not want to download and install it for my own personal reasons. I use to have Warcraft III: TFT B.Net and other programs working once before, and now it does not work for some reason. I have no System Restore Points, and I do not know why. I went to Internet Explorer and made sure my LAN Settings are okay.

Problem still not solved. I still need help. So can someone help me? :tazz:

Iron-Wolf

Iron-Wolf

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Never mind! I figured out the problem on my own! I had a Fire Wall installed that I had that I got from the internet, and at first, I did not think anything of it, because it was not Enabled.

But the problem was, the Fire Wall had programs in it's control panel even when the Fire Wall is not enabled. So, I just uninstalled my Fire Wall and the problem was solved. :tazz: