Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Sound Driver Update

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Hello and thank you for taking the time to review my post. I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this topic, and if it is not, I ask a moderator or administrator to please move it to the proper location.

I have used these forums in the past and found them most useful and helpful, thus I am returning, only for a different issue this time.

I am seeking to update my sound card driver. However, when I search for an update, none is found, nor can I independantly find one via the internet.

The reason I wish to update my driver is to enable the Tone adjustment bars in my volume's advanced options menu. Also, I seek to correct any errors in the operation of my sound. For example, my sound will suddenly stop working until I reboot my computer, I am realitively certain this is a sound driver problem.

Below I will post the specifics given to me by my audio properties menu. Please look at them and tell me the best course of action for updating this driver. Any help would be very appreciated. If more information is needed, please inquire and I shall endeavor to locate and post it.

SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio

Driver Provide: Analog Devices
Driver Date: 10/1/2003
Driver Version:
Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

Thank you for your time and any assistance you can provide. I appreciate it greatly.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio tells us nothing; its just a common sound card name that you can find on 50% of motherboards with onboard sound.

Which motherboard do you have? You should be able to get the drivers for it from the manufacturer's website. Not all drivers allow you to alter all the settings you may find on other sound cards.

YOu may also have a loose connection somewhere to explain the randomly disappearing sound so check those first.