Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pinging problem with laptop...

• Please log in to reply

g_raham

g_raham

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
Hello people,

I have a little problem I was wondering if anyone could throw some suggestions at me.
Righto I have a HP Compaq NX6125 Running xp pro and connected to my home all in one netgear modem router. I also have a desktop running xp home.

I can use my laptop to ping the desktop and it sees it fine. However i can't seem to ping the laptop using my desktop, i have tried pinging other site on my desktop and it seems to work fine. I have tried a variety of methods to get my laptop 'seen' connected it to the network via ethernet to the router, installed a USB wireless dongle.

I know that it's not acting up on my home network because i have tried pinging my laptop on my works network...

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Advertisements