Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Pc-Cillin 2006

• Please log in to reply

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
Hi everyone, I have just downloaded the latest "Pc-Cillin 2006", but my problem starts when i downloaded it yesterday afternoon and loaded it onto my computer. I followed the nessacary steps. When Finished loading it asked to be restarted, so i restarted and once it had got into windows it does a cold restart about 5 seconds of seeing the desktop. So i had to get that off by going into safemode and disabling the start up of the program.

So i uninstalled the program and reloaded it, same thing happend cold restart. So after fixing and unistalling it again. I went back to the site and downloaded a difffrent version, loaded that version too. And the exact same thing happened. Now this time when fixing the problem i noticed a start up value "dumprep 0 -k" so i disabled that alone and left Pc-Cillin on its own.

Great i rebooted and got into windows, the computer does not restart. So i though i had fixed it, but then when i put my cursor in the icon tray, Pc-Cillin says its "loading.....", so i do some research on "dumprep 0 -k" it gives me a diffrent way of disabling it, so i enable it and then right click on >My Computer goto "Properties", the tab "Advanced", "startup and recovery settings", and to the label write debugin information and set that to "none" i noticed a check box saying "Automaticallt Restart" so i uncheck that. Restart and load into windows.

When in windows it does not restart, and once again when i put my cursor over the Pc-Cillin icon it says "Loading..." (same thing happens as above) after leaving it for about 1 minuit, i put my cursor on the icon, and then it just disapears.

I have sought of given up, tryed doing most things. Please help any body.

I appritait who ever has read this LONG story. Please give me a solution, Pc-Cillin is my main AV and i feel uncomfortable using a diffrent type of AV. :)

Thanks again..... :tazz:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
When you have removed it with add / remove then run this

Get the trial of Tune Up 2006 here

Tune Up 2006 Trial

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit then select all, right click any file then click delete, confirm delete.

Run disc clean up then registry clean up then click optimize to run reg defrag, which needs a reboot

Those will have cleared the drive of obsolete software errors

These are suggestions for making the most of the free trial

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to optimize the computer, select computer with an internet connection from the drop down menu, this also requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to accelerate downloads, select the speed just above your actual connection speed, this requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to run system advisor

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
Yes, yes, yes. Finally got it. :) :woot: :P

I downloaded that program done what you told me to and restarted the computer, it then went into windows and came up with the blue screen of death saying something about Pc-Cillin 2006 firewall. So i re-installed Pc-Cillin using min settings (This does NOT include firewall) and wala works. Ill just have to keep using Windows Firewall or I'll get some other firewall.

Thanks tones... :tazz: Helped alot... :)

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
ZA Free is a popular choice

http://www.filehippo...ware/firewalls/