Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

japanese text display support?

• Please log in to reply

ambmy9

ambmy9

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
well it says i need to download a japanese text display support to view web sites with japanese on them
i go to try and it says i cann't and i go to microsoft to try and find it (which i didn't) and get help but they don't help u for free any more so u have to pay or guess ..... so i thought someone here might know where to find it.
i have windows me.
just tell me what info thats needed if any is needed i'll post it :tazz:
thank u

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Start Windows Updates and when the update list completes it will show a list of language support for Internet explorer.

ambmy9

ambmy9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
i have done that but it says error and wont download

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Search for Global IME. I would give you the link, but I'm quite busy at the moment.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
start > settings > control pannel > regional settings > languages tab > click the two check boxes towards the bottom (once says something about complex right to left..and the other is east asian language support or something like that)....that will probably ask you for your windows disk

ambmy9

ambmy9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
it only shows what language i speak and what country i'm in there are no check boxes

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
does it look like this screenshot

ambmy9

ambmy9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
no it doesn't. mine has regional settings then number then currancy,time and then date for the tabs on top
then on the regional settings it has a place where u scroll down to what language u want and then under that it has the countrys that u scroll down to find which one u want
then under that it shows what settings u have it on
i have tryed doing a screenshot but for some reason when i push the prt scrn button nothing happens

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
after you do print screen you have to paste teh image into paint...

there is a posibillity that you need to install the microsoft multiuser interface package....though...that usually needs to be requested when you buy the system....let me do some research

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://search.micros.....uage support"

the top two results should be of use for you

ambmy9

ambmy9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
i found global ime 5.02 for 32-bit windows on the link u gave me dsenette and i'm downloading the japanese plus language pack off of it when its done i'll post it if it works

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
keep me updated (i've got alot of japanese machines here at work..but..i get them with the microsoft MUI when i buy them..you can't get the MUI seperate...it has to come with the system)

ambmy9

ambmy9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
well i got it downloaded but the everything is japanese on the help section so i don't know what goes to what...... so シgh i don't know what to do about that do u think maybe i should look for english plus language pack ウェll ティs イs キンダ 奮y