Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Admin(s)

• Please log in to reply

STV0726

STV0726

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
Since I'm trying to actively participate in this forum, I have a quick question:

I know there is different levels of authority after user. I am aware that there are many (red) Admins.

Boards I'm familliar with only have 1 Admin. This board is big, so obviously we need more people in control.

My question is, is there like a main admin. Is there 1 Admin that is like the head Admin? If so, is it the Admin named Admin? :tazz: lol

Advertisements

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
The Admin named Admin is the owner which is why it shows member #1. :tazz:

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
There arent actually "many" admins, there are only 3 active admins :) The 4th admin is our server administrator.

There are 5 Global Moderators who would be the next highest in the hierarchy. They are responsible for moderating the entire forum.

There are 4 Geek U Moderators who are teachers in Geek U. They have Global Moderator powers.

Then there are the moderators, there are 10 of them. They are responsible for certain parts of the forum.

After that we have Tech Staff, Malware Staff and Malware Experts. These people have been promoted because of their excellence in their respective fields or because they have graduated from Geek U.

Hope that helps.

ScHwErV :tazz: