Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Registration of shareware, EULA...

• Please log in to reply

Zagor Te-Nej

Zagor Te-Nej

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi all, good to be here!

I'm trying to register a piece of software that I've developed.
So I'm interasted in legal procedure how to aquire copyright license. I mean whole procedure: registration of shareware, EULA...

If any of you had expirience with this kind of query, please post a link, or some info.
Everything will be appreciated.

Thank you again.. :tazz: Zagor

Edited by Zagor Te-Nej, 17 December 2005 - 12:26 AM.

Advertisements

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Moving to the Applications forum where the folks who know about software/applications hang out.

ScHwErV :tazz:

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
take a look here: http://upload.it/sha...soft_000039.htm

Zagor Te-Nej

Zagor Te-Nej

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks,

that helped a lot!

Appreciated, Zagor

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts

So I'm interasted in legal procedure how to aquire copyright license. I mean whole procedure: registration of shareware, EULA...

Depends where you live so far as Copyright goes. In the UK at least and probably most of Europe you get it automatically. In America it depends which state you're in.

The EULA is often skipped by end users and again in various juristictions its debatable as to whether it has any legs to stand on in a court of law.

Zagor Te-Nej

Zagor Te-Nej

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello and thanks for reply.

I live in Serbia (former Yugoslavia), have company registered in UK and trying to get copyright in US at U.S. Copyright Office.

Concerning EULA, you are wright, that I've noticed myself in last couple of days.

My dillema is:
Is there some kind of registration that I'm missing? Some kind of bar coding the product? Or software doesn't require that kind of registration and Copyright is enough?

Some people instructed me to visit the local chamber of commerce in UK, but it is hard to find reliable sources when you live in another country.

My question is simple:
Can you open a firm, build a web site, put the software on it and sell it (considering that you have aquired Copyright, Trademark, Patent for invented algorytms)?? Is something missing?

Please if you have some concret info, post...

Edited by Zagor Te-Nej, 20 December 2005 - 08:44 PM.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Like I say, in the UK you own the copyright to the software automatically, you need do nothing else, though it wouldn't be a bad idea to be able to provide some proof in a court of law if it should ever get that far. No idea about Serbia though.

As to the question: Yes, you can open a firm (though you don't even need to do that technically), build a web site and sell the software on it but I would say that it will be your responsbility to research comply with any laws in the country you're in with regards to this.

Zagor Te-Nej

Zagor Te-Nej

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

it will be your responsbility to research comply with any laws in the country you're in with regards to this.

Since my company is founded in UK (in your country) you are the best help I can find, with regards to this :tazz:

So If I understand you correctly there is no law issues to worry about in UK?

I've aquired the Copyright, Have a Web Site, curently testing my beta software...
So, I can go right to the selling?

Edited by Zagor Te-Nej, 22 December 2005 - 07:24 PM.