Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Starts

• Please log in to reply

suplexx

suplexx

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I have a duron 1.8 ghz. I set the FSB to 165 from 135, and saved the settings. From then on I got no video. No beeps, fans spins, harddrive spins, cpu fan spin, everything. But no video, no "NO SIGNAL" message, nothing. Any help?

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

Clear the cmos using the jumper on the motherboard, your manual will show you the location and proceedure. You should get your video back

Then enter bios and load the defaults this will restore the settings back to what they were.

The reason this happened is because you overclocked the system by raising the fsb beyond what the system could handle.

If you want to overclock raise the fsb in small steps till the computer will not boot, then back off a little, be prepaired to clear the cmos again as this is trial and error. Also just because the computer will boot to windows when overclocking does not mean its 100% stable so check to be sure, if there are problems lower the fsb.

You may need better cooling to OC so monitor those temps.

This is only the basics there are more settings that could be changed to get it to run at higher fsb

Rick

suplexx

suplexx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Thanks, I cleared the CMOS, but still no video. I then took out the video card I had, and put in an FX5700LE (pci) and it booted up fine. I'm getting some BSODs... but it's working okay.

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Ok you may have to run drivercleaner to clean up the old video drivers that are creating the BSOD's.

suplexx

suplexx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hmm I used this and it completely deleted the drivers... and I still get the error.

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
What is the error you are getting with bsod?