Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen problem

• Please log in to reply

mazzochi

mazzochi

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Ok, my computer has gone mad. I'll start at the begining.

I was recently installed a download program, whihc I believe dropped a virus onto my computer. since when I ran Norton soon after installing my computer crashed and refused to boot, just giving me a blue screen. I managed to get it to boot into safe mode and ran every virus/spyware/clean up too I had. below

A clean up program, I think called Cleanup!. Was recommended to me from here.
Ad Aware.
Spybot Search and Destroy.
Norton anti Virus.

I would normally run the Panda Software online scan, but the only safe mode it will let me boot in will not support internet connections. Hence curent use of a library computer, please bare this in mind if I take a while to reply.

All the above programs have cleaned out any virus etc. I am still getting blue screen on boot up. I have tried booting from previous stable configuration. I have even tried system restore to an earlier date. Both of these failed.

Current Blue screen message:
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer..

TEchnical information:
*** Stop: 0x0000007E (0x0000005,0xF5A944D0,0xF7C49FEC,0xF7C49CEC)

If anyone has any recommendations

P.S my current OS is XP.

Dave

Advertisements

mazzochi

mazzochi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
can no one help?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Download this with another PC, save to CDR then load it on to the problem PC

Get the trial of Tune Up 2006 here

Tune Up 2006 Trial

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit then select all, right click any file then click delete, confirm delete.

Run disc clean up then registry clean up then click optimize to run reg defrag, which needs a reboot

Those will have cleared the drive of obsolete software errors

These are suggestions for making the most of the free trial

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to optimize the computer, select computer with an internet connection from the drop down menu, this also requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to accelerate downloads, select the speed just above your actual connection speed, this requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to run system advisor

Try safe mode with networking if you haven't, this will let you connect though make sure the firewall is on

Run this online scan when you can connect

http://us.trendmicro...call/v6.5/?us=2

newjerseyterrace

newjerseyterrace

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I have the same excact problem, I am running on a HP pavillion, and it happened to my dell last night and now it wont even turn on , my hp will not let me run save mode at all, it gets to where it is almost at save mode but then goes back to the blue screen, any help? I would prefer not losing all my information , music.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can use these to repair XP

XP Repair Install

Or here if you are unable to run XP Repair Install

Alternative XP Repair Install Method

Use Windows Installation CD to repair the current installation, from the list, which uses a slightly different method

Windows XP repair feature won't delete your data, installed programs, personal information, or settings. It just repairs the operating system

After running XP Repair you will need to install all Windows Updates

Microsoft Update

newjerseyterrace

newjerseyterrace

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I tried using those, I entered my XP installion disc and tryed booting on that, It was about to open, then turned right to the blue screen again

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Get the set of boot disks which match the XP CD you have

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;310994

newjerseyterrace

newjerseyterrace

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
NO dice

newjerseyterrace

newjerseyterrace

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I am going to copy word for word to here what my computer saysa prolems has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

a process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly been exited or been terminated.

If this is the first time youve seen this Stop Error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again follow these steps.

Check to make sure any hardware, or software is properly installed, if this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software maufacturer for any Windows Updated you might need.

Technical Information:
*** Stop: 0X000000F4 ( 0X00000003,0X82007DA0,0x67007f14,0X805FA7A8 )

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
See this

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;841005

Download and save memtest to CDR with another PC then load to this one

http://www.memtest.org/#downiso

Are you comfortable with opening the case to check the wiring is in place, and the jumper setting is not set to slave for the main drive

Advertisements

newjerseyterrace

newjerseyterrace

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
What and where would be i be looking?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Basically, open the case, make sure you switch it off at the back and also remove the power cable first, then look at each end of any wire to check none are loose, replace the case cover before reconnecting and try to avoid touching components, you are only interested in loose wires at this point

newjerseyterrace

newjerseyterrace

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I will go try both of these options, Up to this point are ther any other options?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I could see, wiring, memory or the hard drive, let's hope it's a loose wire, as for components, if you can check they are seated properly by touching non metallic parts of them, do this as well

newjerseyterrace

newjerseyterrace

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
TaDA it worked, well it booted, im letting it cool down while I ask this question, I posted the same thing on here, this happened to my lap top, dell latitude, on xp, and it happened and i kept turning it on and off, and i let it sit off, and then the next morning, wnet to turn it on, and nothing, power wont go on. anything?