Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is COD Still Running a Master Server?

• Please log in to reply

kramerd1506

kramerd1506

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hi all. I have re-installed CoD after a long time and wanted to start playing again. I cannot get any servers at all to show up in the multiplayer "Join a game" menu. I have installed the 1.5 patch. It just gives me the "Waiting for response from master server" message forever. I have cleared CoD through my firewall.

Has the original CoD master server been taken down in support of CoD 2?

Any help? Thanks.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
you will need to manually update punkbusters. just go to evenbalance.com for further assistance in the manual update process, they have a tool for you to download and run. (also see the pinned topics in the this forum).

make sure your mp options are set to internet and not lan.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
The master servers on store bought games will always stay up.

kramerd1506

kramerd1506

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Thanks very much guys. I thought I had read through all the pinned topics. Guess I missed that. Geeks To Go comes through again. Thanks again!

-Dan

kramerd1506

kramerd1506

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Ok guys, same problem. I manually updated the PB as directed on evenbalance.com, and I still got the "Waiting for response from master server" message that just sat there forever.

I uninstalled COD and deleted the file directories and their contents, and deleted the prefetch stuff, then I reinstalled COD, then I installed PB and updated it, then I installed the 1.5 patch (which said it was going to install PB anyway), and then I updated PB again to be sure I had the latest stuff. Still got the same result.

Any help?! I wanna play! :tazz:

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
are you using a router? is your pc set to be in the dmz?

kramerd1506

kramerd1506

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
I am using a router, but I do not have a DMZ set up. I can browse the net okay.

I enabled my DMZ just now to check that out and put my PC in it. Same result.

Edited by kramerd1506, 23 December 2005 - 12:12 AM.