Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

help please

• Please log in to reply

gypsywomanpa

gypsywomanpa

• Pip
  • 6 posts
:D
I have a pc a pretty new dell that runs windows xp. The problem is I sell Avon and when I want to go to a secure page it won't let me. Also I have gone to the ms site and tried the update windows. It can't scan or update. In both cases the message I get is the same. Active x controls are not enabled. As a result this page may not load correctly. Then I get a page to detect network settings. Check security on the internet tools page etc blah blah blah

I have set everything back to default and still it won't work. There can't be much wrong with pc but it is driving me nuts... <_<

Also it's my daughter's pc and she was downloading songs and ended up with a virus. I got a stinger disk off the computer at work and put it in her pc and got rid of the worm. I don't know if the virus has affected the pc and is this why I am having problem??

Thanks in advance
Susan

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,504 posts
On the Internet Explorer toolbar select Tools -> Internet Options, select the security tab. Set the slider to medium. The click the custom button. You ActiveX settings should be as shown below:

Posted Image

gypsywomanpa

gypsywomanpa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
<_<

Hi I will be trying this today.. Thanks