Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Capturing screen with my DV cam?

• Please log in to reply

Aiwendel

Aiwendel

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi, I've tried using a software called CamStudio, but it seems to drain my CPU alot, dragging me down to less then 10 fps in game while capturing. I haven't tried Frapr, but I can guess it wont help alot as my sempron isnt very good at multitasking. When play without any other progs in background i get a good 60 fps in game.
My computer has DV in-out so im wondering how I can capture with my DV cam, as I guess that should cost alot less CPU. Anyone have any ideas?

Advertisements

Aiwendel

Aiwendel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
bump*.. I'm still trying to figure this out :tazz:

st22

st22

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 243 posts
Hey,

Try recording the screen with the dv tape to tape, (this will not take up any extra CPU at all, but you will notice on the DV cam that the screen flickers in a way. to fix this change the shutter speed on the camera between 40-70 and it will stop when you get it to the same refresh rate of the computer.

then you can capture it to the computer without having the game open.

Hope this helps. Get back to me. :tazz:

Aiwendel

Aiwendel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
you mean recording the screen by pointing the camera at it?
I guess I'll do that soon, its just kindof hard to position the camera right :tazz: