Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Page "Icons"

• Please log in to reply

Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Im calling them 'page icons', becuase I dont know what else to call them. Thus, a picture is in order.
I am refuring to the things in the blue box.

Posted Image

How do I add these to my site? Ive searched, but its difficult considering I dont know what they are called. What spicific size are they, and how do I add them to my web page?

Thank you very much for you time.

Paul

Advertisements

The Architect

The Architect

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
They're called "Favicons" (short for "fovorites icons").

Here's a link that'll give you an overview:

favicons overview

And here are a few links to tutorials on creating and uploading favicons:

tutorial 1
tutorial 2
tutorial 3

If you want to check out more sites, simply key in "favicon tutorial" or "favicon how to" in your browser's search bar. Be prepared to wade through a lot of stuff!

Good luck!

Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Thanks a ton man. Ive read all the tuts and made a decnet favicon for my site. Thanks for the help.