Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SB Drivers for XP not working

• Please log in to reply

jtjf_1

jtjf_1

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have just reformated my computer a AMD 800 and installed windows xp on it. Its a cheap put together no brand. The built in sound card is not wroking i am sure it is the driver causeing a crakling and popping.

The card is a Creative Audiopci es1371 1373 wdm according to XP also it is called a Creative SB PCI128 (Ensoniq ES5880) Sound Card PCI

I have checked everything i can think of it is running on IRQ 10 and nothing else is on that IRQ I cant seem to find any drivers to help this problem can anyone help...

Thanks

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try here

http://uk.europe.cre...ype=0&x=29&y=16

jtjf_1

jtjf_1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I have tried that one before and even tried to install the drivers manually it still did not work. I attached the error window i got.

Attached Files

Edited by jtjf_1, 18 December 2005 - 08:54 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start, right click my computer, click properties, hardware, device manager. Look at sound, video and game controllers, click the + and look for anything with a yellow mark, make a note of them, then right click these and click remove, then confirm, click to remove the soundblaster entry regardless of whether it has a tick, click to close device manager then reboot.

When windows has loaded, go back to device manager and check if there are less yellow marks, and that each item you removed is listed

Use the software CD for soundblaster or the motherboard CD if the drivers are on that