Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need a little help

• Please log in to reply

rmco2003

rmco2003

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
I'm making a program that modifies hex strings at specific offsets recorded in an ini file, I've got it reading/writing hex and reading from the ini file, all of that works fine but at the moment I have to tell the program exactly what to read from the ini file and exactly where to write it to. The file it's patching is updated every week and I need my program to read the ini file, see how many strings it needs to replace, and then progress through the entries replacing each string until the end of the file.

My sourcecode's attached below, I thought about looping but then I wouldn't know how to tell it what it should move onto next without telling it exactly what it should do, can someone help me out?

Attached Files

Edited by rmco2003, 18 December 2005 - 03:04 AM.

Advertisements