Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AC97 Sound manager

• Please log in to reply

-=Ac3=-

-=Ac3=-

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
Im sure that there are many of you that are using an ac97 built in sound card into your motherboards. My question is when i open my sound manager the theme is dull whereas two of my friend running the same sound manager get some flashy looking sound manager. Is there a way to change the theme or did i install it wrong, even pictures given to me in my motherboard manual show that it should look different.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
changes are usually caused by the drivers being modified by the board manufacturer, the normal ac97 sound manager isnt so flashy as some.

-=Ac3=-

-=Ac3=-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
so how do i get the flashy one?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
you can install the drivers that came with there mobo but i wouldnt reccomend that, its not needed so i would leave it alone(if it aint broke dont fix it) you should only use sound manager once in a blue moon anyway, and even at that its often easier to change settings in windows.

Or you could install the AC97 driver that came with your mobo and if it isnt the flashy kind your just going to have to live with it(i really would leave it alone trying to fix something that works inevitably breaks it).