Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Beeping PC

• Please log in to reply

Boz657

Boz657

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I performed a BIOS update on my ECS 760-M 1.1 motherboard using Winflash and all appeared well except on startup I had appeared to lose the AMD cool'n'quiet feature. The CPU fan was on max constantly. I checked in the Bios it was enabled - it was - and looked for any other settings which may have changed and there were none.
I had only performed the update as I was intending making a cheapish system based on this board with the new Rev E6 semprons when I bought a new NF4 MOBO for my 754 AMD64 CPU (which is why I'm not panicking too much).
The fans were p-ing me off so I thought I would revert to the original BIOS I had saved until the update was needed. Set the Flash utility running, left the room for a bit, came back and saw what I thought was the restart now message, hit restart, read the message properly for the couple of seconds it was still on screen and kicked myself for not doing this first. It said something along the lines of 'verification unsuccesful' and now, unsuprisingly, it refuses to boot. I just get constant loud beeps at a rate of about 3-4 a second.
Is there any easy way back from here or do I go and get that new MOBO sharpish!

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
If you have the mobo manual you can look up the beep code error, tht will give us a clue as to whats going on, so how far does the pc go will it start up at all or does it just beep.

You can usually reflash it from a floppy disk.