Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Look2Me - I've tried everything

• Please log in to reply

brents

brents

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I finally managed to narrow down the source of my troubles! Unfortunately, I can't even get my HJT log because its soooo slow!! The only thing left in my HJT log is a winnotify link that keeps reappearing during every reboot. I'm sitting in Safe Mode and have run Ewido, HJT, Norton, sMitrem, EVERYTHING!!! I can't get rid of this Look2Me!!!

Advertisements

Avohir

Avohir

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 1,002 posts
welcome to GeeksToGo :tazz:

You have the latest version of VX2. Download L2mfix from one of these two locations:

http://www.atribune....oads/l2mfix.exe
http://www.downloads....org/l2mfix.exe

Save the file to your desktop and double click l2mfix.exe. Click the Install button to extract the files and follow the prompts, then open the newly added l2mfix folder on your desktop. Double click l2mfix.bat and select option #1 for Run Find Log by typing 1 and then pressing enter. This will scan your computer and it may appear nothing is happening, then, after a minute or 2, notepad will open with a log. Copy the contents of that log and paste it into this thread.

IMPORTANT: Do NOT run option #2 OR any other files in the l2mfix folder until you are asked to do so! This Fix must NOT be run in safe mode for it to work.

if you receive, while running option #1, an error similar like: ''C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe
C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt the system file is not suitable for running ms-dos and microsoft windows applications. choose close to terminate the application.."...then please use option 5 or the web page link in the l2mfix folder to solve this error condition. do not run the fix portion without fixing this first.

brents

brents

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for the help! L2MFix wiped Look2Me off my computer and hasn't come back, as far as I can tell. Unfortunately, L2MFix hasn't managed to fix my computer speed. It still is something like 70% slower than before the L2M problem. I've tried defragging the drive, ran a disk cleanup and some other programs that "clean up" the drive, but still nothing. Can anyone help me run at my normal speed?

Avohir

Avohir

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 1,002 posts
I'm sorry, the email notification for this was delayed for some reason. Please post a fresh HijackThis log for my review

Avohir

Avohir

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 1,002 posts
edit: wrong thread

Edited by Avohir, 22 January 2006 - 07:46 PM.