Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

can you reccomend me a good video card

• Please log in to reply

binsch

binsch

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
well i hvae a computer with a crappy video card and i wanted a cheap upgrade that can play games like halo and battlefeild 2. Do you have any suggestions? also i checked and i only have a pci slot not pci express so keep that in mind.

thanks alot

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
you cant get anything to do what you want with PCI, you will need to upgrade the motherboard, and probably the whole PC to play new games like BF2.

binsch

binsch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
i was thinking about doing that also like building a new pc but then what video card and other hardware would you suggest that is on the cheaper side.

thanks again

Edited by binsch, 18 December 2005 - 01:24 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
halo isnt very demanding or very good so it will run on near anything, BF2 will ned at least a x800 to run ok, then you go up the ranges from there they will all play it above that. All depends on your budget gfx cards that can manage it go from 150 to 500 or 600 bucks. And the more expensive usually the better they will play the game.

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
Hi, do you have an AGP slot, cause then you can get a Geforce FX 5200 128mb, its not expensive and it will play most your games (including Halo and Battlefield 2), so far it plays even the newer games, just unfortunataly not on high settings. If you are looking to build a new PC with a PCI express, I would recommend the GeForce 7800 GTX 512 MB, best so far. :)

Enjoy.... :tazz:

binsch

binsch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
if my video card range is like $70 to $100 what would you suggest.

Edited by binsch, 18 December 2005 - 01:26 PM.

binsch

binsch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
how could i tell if i have an agp slot

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
Do you have a system book or anything???? Tell me your mother board model or check above you PCI slots and see if there is another different slot, it should be maybe a dif color.

binsch

binsch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
its dfi p/n pm12-tl

binsch

binsch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
http://us.dfi.com.tw...TYPE=MB&SITE=US

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
Ye, you have a AGP 4x/2x, which should work with Geforce 5200

binsch

binsch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
so where could i get that card

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
@ your local computer shop or over the net

I am sure this is enough information, if you would like any more info on price PM me.

Cool... =;-)