Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Ipod - Help!

• Please log in to reply

MaverickSidewinder

MaverickSidewinder

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
Hey guys, I was wondering if it was possible to manually (or automatically) transfer the music that is on my ipod onto the computer...

The problem is this:

I got my iPod songs from my friend's computer this summer, but i want to update it with my music without deleting my friend's songs...

I hope this is possible!! :)

Thanks again!

:tazz:

Advertisements

Aslyfox

Aslyfox

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
If you could put songs onto it from your friends computer, you should be able to put them on from your computer. Which also means you would be able to put them onto the computer from the ipod. As long as the song names are different, putting new songs onto it shouldn't remove your friends.

cindybobindy

cindybobindy

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Actually, you can't exactly do it that way. The only way you can do it, since Apple iPod's platform is only built for an account to one computer, is to access your friend's music library, and copy it as a file onto your iPod (after removing all song files) and then putting that folder into your computer. There should be a link with more graphic details on the apple site. You can't just upload songs from the iPod onto a computer. Only the entire library file.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
If you want to take the songs off an ipod, download and use Ephpod2.

MaverickSidewinder

MaverickSidewinder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

If you want to take the songs off an ipod, download and use Ephpod2.

I downloaded it, but the ipod drive doesn't show up (and i connected it)

:tazz:

Edited by MaverickSidewinder, 19 December 2005 - 06:10 AM.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
When you connect the ipod to the computer, can you see it in Itunes? If you can, then you should be able to see the ipod show up as a drive in My Computer. If you can see it in My Computer, then just open Ephpod2 and select the ipod drive in the opening window, then click on next. There is no reason Ephpod2 cannot find the ipod if it shows up in My Computer as a drive.