Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

DVD RW ID Problem

• Please log in to reply

horlor44

horlor44

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
I have installed DVD-RW (set to master) drive to go with my CD-ROM (slave),but my system sees it as a DVD-RAM.I have unplugged the ribbon,rebooted,reconnected and rebooted but it still comes up as DVD RAM.Has anyone got any ideas why this is? thanks in advance

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
If you open MyComputer and right click on the DVD and choose Properties, do you see a Recording tab? If Windows doesn't recognize your DVD as a recording device, the Recording tab will not be there.

horlor44

horlor44

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
yes,there is a recording tab and is enabled

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Well then, my second question is can you record using the DVD, or are you just worried that it's misidentified?

horlor44

horlor44

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
No, as NERO ,Intervideo win DVD,windows movie maker 2.0, all say.."No Drive present" the drive selection box.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
You might try deleting the drive in Device manager and having windows detect it again. Btw, what kind of drive is it... model number?

horlor44

horlor44

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

You might try deleting the drive in Device manager and having windows detect it again. Btw, what kind of drive is it... model number?

horlor44

horlor44

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Thanks I wil try that..My Drive is a : LG SA 4167B 16X DVD + - RW/RAM Dual Layer internal IDE

Edited by horlor44, 21 December 2005 - 07:48 AM.

horlor44

horlor44

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Thanks for your help, but I have returned the drive and getting a new one