Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Static Screen

• Please log in to reply

Boden

Boden

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So, about a week ago, my computer screen started to get blurry: when I move the mouse, wherever it goes, a distrurbance - of sorts - is left behind. If you are familiar with any picture editing software, it is like everything becomes pixelated. For example, if i shake a window left and right, it is like i have stretched every pixel horizontally 3 inches wide. WHenever I open a new window, though, the pixelated area is fixed. About three days ago, the problem became more dramatic. Now, if i use the computer for about 30 minutes (btw if i keep the screen close and don't use it, this does not happen), the compute screen gets covered in black and grey boxes that never go away . . . I have tried running Nortan and Ad-Aware, both updated, and they ofcorse find stuff but nothing of which is causing this problem. THanks a lot.

Advertisements

Aslyfox

Aslyfox

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Try downloading HiJackThis, putting it into a proper folder, running a scan, and posting the results in the malware forum.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Do you get the same pixelization while in Safe mode? This sounds like a video problem. You might try reseating your video card, disconnecting and reconnecting your monitor cable.