Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Will this video card play Battlefield 2?

• Please log in to reply

Comrade General

Comrade General

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Yeah, there is no way I could play a game again on low settings.

I am building my PC and my BFG GeForce 7800 GT OC just came! Ohh! I can't wait to play BF2 with it!

Well anyways thanks! I will tell my friend. He wants an upgrade bad but money... Too bad Dell was so cheap they didn't put a AGP slot in there.

Offtopic Question: jrm20, do you happen to play BF2? Do you know if there is a way to check your FPS in the game?

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
I tried out the demo before and yes there is a way to check the fps.

in google i searched for battlefield 2 fps or battlefield 2 fps command.

Comrade General

Comrade General

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

I tried out the demo before and yes there is a way to check the fps.
in google i searched for battlefield 2 fps or battlefield 2 fps command.

Thanks alot man! You've been a great help.

inferno_blaze

inferno_blaze

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
nothing less than and x800 huh? well I ca n say that while I am updating shortly i'm playing bf2 perfectly fine with my x300 :tazz: onyl propblems i have are with arty causing slowdown and smoke

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
x300 huh, wonder why you are wanting to upgrade if you can play bf2 perfectly then...

You will be suprised by the difference if you get an x800 or above...

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

The reason I dont recommend a fx 5200 even though it will play the game atleast is because it is really crappy and laggy and almost unplayable. You wouldnt be happy or even satisfied with the purchase at all.

Hi, the graphics in fact are not bad at all. Only one of the settings have to be ajusted, the settings for real time weather (so that you dont see the snow or rain). Other than that the game runs perfect on a FX 5200 (I have one). But i guess if you do want the weather settings left on then "jrm20" is right.

Cool. :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Ive got a fx 5200 and the gfx really suck playing BF2 especially when you see what its supposed to be like, if i wanted to play it looking like that i would have got the original BF games and a couple of mods for it, actually i did BF1942 and a couple of mods bigger than the game, i decided i wanted to play games properly so i got a good pc.

HUGE difference you spoil games like that when you play them on anything below medium settings or in DX7 mode like the fx5200 knocks it down to .

Naz-T

Naz-T

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
@ spike hacker

have a look here

http://www.geekstogo...topic=85717&hl=