Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WiFi connection setup

• Please log in to reply

My2tailwaggers

My2tailwaggers

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello,
We lost our hard drive on our Dell laptop and had to reload everything (eek!). Now we do not have a WiFi Connection setup and cant use our WiFi. There is no option for WiFi at all. We are basically starting from scratch. Anyone have any ideas how we can get our WiFi connection system back?? Or find it?!
Thanks in advance!!
Debbie

Edited by My2tailwaggers, 19 December 2005 - 10:50 AM.

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
First off, please remove your email address to avoid unwanted contact.

Ok...

Did you restore your computer using the Dell restore disk, or did you install XP using a store bought disk?
Sounds like it's just that the driver for the wireless card is not installed. If you use the asset tag number on your computer and visit the dell support site, you will be able to download the correct wifi driver. Then all you have to do is install it.

Edited by makai, 18 December 2005 - 06:14 PM.

My2tailwaggers

My2tailwaggers

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks, Makai,
We used the Dell disks. We did notice that some programs were not installing and had to go back and redo them, so this is what we will do today. I appreciate the help.
Debbie