Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Audio Problem - Echo

• Please log in to reply

microcuts

microcuts

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Since yesterday I have been experiencing an echo whenever audio is played. I have not changed any settings to my knowledge. I listened to a song with headphones before the problem started and when i next tried to listen to something through the inbuilt speakers of my laptop, i was unable to hear any sound at all. I inserted my headphones as for some reason I though this could help (don't ask) but strangely, when i then removed the headphones there was sound. The problem is since I did this there has been trouble with an echo. This is most likely something I have done but I cannot work out what it could possibly have been. I have also, incidentally I expect, found that my system as a whole has been running more slowly.

Any help on the echo issue in particular would be much appreciated

Cheers
Simon

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
I suspect you have altered your sound card settings. Some sound card drivers have "ambience" settings... including "echo" effects. Since you haven't listed any specs of your sound card, it's hard to determine exactly what needs to be changed or what options are available. Check the ambience options.

Edited by makai, 18 December 2005 - 06:52 PM.

microcuts

microcuts

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Apologies for this topic being created and thanks for the suggestion, I had indeed accidentally changed a setting, I assume while trying to work out why no sound was being played yesterday. Thanks for the speedy reply

Cheers

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
No apology required! :tazz: