Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Does this sound like a virus to you guys..... ?

• Please log in to reply

trundleface

trundleface

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello everyone, something strange is going on with my computer. :tazz:

I recently turned it on to find a large majority of files missing.
It is running slightly slow,
I am unable to download programmes as exlorer claims "the requested site is either unavalible or cannot be found, please try again later."
My programmes like media + realplayer or still installed but it's as if I'm using them for the first time every time, agreeing to contracts etc etc,
I can't get into my recycle bin,
only the sound and the internet sybols seem to run from startup and to top it off my @ key has been replaced by my " key and vice versa.

Does this sound regonisable to any of you? A virus maybe?

I'd be very greatful for some advice
Thanks

Lauran
xxx

Advertisements

neverborn

neverborn

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
not sure, but definitely looks like it. i had a friend whose laptop keyboard went haywire(left half got switched with right half) and it turned out to be some dort of worm/trojan. i'd try posting in the malware forum to make sure. :tazz: