Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nero

• Please log in to reply

babar

babar

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
Hi,

My stepdad was copying a disc of my kids photos using nero.

Nero saves an image of the disc on his hard drive and then copies the disc from that image.

Where is the image saved so he can remove it, I tried to help him but it was over the phone as we live 7 hrs apart and I couldn't figure it out with out being there looking at it.

Thanks,

Babar

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
The drive image should have been given a name, maybe if he starts the saving process, it will give an idea of the names used, if not, click start then search, use advanced options, when was it modified, put the day he made the image, unfortunately, there is likely to be a large number of files, though the image will probably be the largest of them

babar

babar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Well he tried doing what you suggested and apparently it didn't work.

Is there something else we could do to try and find them?

If not is there a way that I could remote connect to his computer so that I could look for him?

thanks,

Babar

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you ask him exactly which option he used with Nero to create the file

If he clicks start then my computer then the documents folder, this shows him almost every folder with user files, if he holds the mouse over the folders it should show the size of the folder, if not, he needs to right click a folder, click properties and it will show the size

He is looking for a folder which is bigger than expected