Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Uploading Videos to iPOD

• Please log in to reply

relentless

relentless

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Ok, I'm at my wits end with this ipod. It's brand new, my eighth ipod this year ( when you count all the replacments I received as the 20 gig i had kept breaking) and they have finalls decided to upgrade my replacment to a 30 gig video/photo ipod.

right! to the point..

I, after much effort, have managed to upload some videos into the video library of my ipod. problems:

*I have uploaded a total of 10 videos into the library. After updating the ipod, and disconnecting it, it became apparant that only two of the videos, ( music videos) out of then 10, had succesfully been uploaded onto the ipod.

*after checking the properties of each video, it appeared that the 8 videos which unsucccesfully uploaded were titled 'unavailable' in their properties.

*I downloaded a converter called 'ipodvideora', or something similar to that, and have converted some videos. However, the problem being that when I select the option 'Encode New Video', and I proceed to select a video from the folder 'My Videos', the programme is only showing up certain videos in the folder. help ?

*most of the videos which did work in the converter, and whose properties were changed, are appearing as 'unavailable'. I can watch the video through i-tunes, however the video is non existent on my ipod after I have updated it.

I've searched through the forum, but no one else seems to be highlighting these problems and I have searched on the apple website for help, which was absoloutly useless.

any help would be much appreciated.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you checked their tutorial

http://www.apple.com...tarted_t12.html

relentless

relentless

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

I have searched on the apple website for help, which was absoloutly useless.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
This free converter was posted in another thread, see if it helps:
http://www.videora.c...Converter/iPod/

I don't have a video ipod, but I have uploaded video to a PSP. Having the right software tools makes all the difference! Odd for Apple not to have a more user friendly solution.

edit: It looks like thier 'solution' is QuickTime Pro (for $29.95) :tazz:
http://store.apple.c...rnMore=D3381Z/A

Edited by admin, 22 December 2005 - 11:24 AM.

relentless

relentless

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Buying quicktime was exactly where apple led me, yes. There's no way I'm doing that. But see it's unfair, as I have checked the apple store for the videos I have in my documents, but seeing as it's mostly my friends who have just recorded bands, or music videos of underground bands, apple obviously does not sell these videos in i-tunes. So what can I do?

I have videora, and it is converting the files to m-peg4, however the files refuse to tranfer from the library to my ipod.. really no idea what I'm doing wrong.