Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

McAfee AntiPhishing Filter

• Please log in to reply

des9ner

des9ner

• Pip
  • 7 posts
McAfee AntiPhishing Filter???I can not access my banking information without
getting blocked out- I'm not sure how to fix it. Can someone please help?
I would appreciate any and all advice on how to stop this message from appearing.
Message reads:

Warning: Potentially Dangerous Web Site Detected!

You have been redirected to this Web page by the McAfee AntiPhishing Filter. The Web site you requested is in our list of Web sites that are potentially trying to obtain unauthorized confidential information. If you proceed to this site, you may be at risk, especially if you have clicked on this link from an e-mail.

Remember: Financial institutions will never ask you to confirm personal information through the Internet.

This is a new one for me..? HELP?

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Could it be that the internet address is actually to a Phishing site? Are you trying to access the site through a bookmark? If you are, try manually typing the internet address of your banking site into the address bar yourself.

If you want, I can try to access the site and see if it comes up for me. Do you have the internet address?

des9ner

des9ner

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
The site has been in my favorites for a long time
it was a sign on page for internet banking.
Y'know account number and password for the bank.
But for some reason any banking web site is not working.
the site is http://www.sikorskyf...rg/banking.html
internet banking promp..s82.lanxtra.com
I hope you can help? thanks for responding.
Des9ner

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
This is the site I'm taken to when I visit your link. Does it look like the right page?

[attachment=5296:attachment]

des9ner

des9ner

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Yes! I get to that page and then- I hit internet banking? And that's the page I want. " s82.Lanxtra.com "

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
This is what I get when I hit Internet banking...

[attachment=5297:attachment]

When you click on internet banking, what does the link in the address bar say? Can you copy and paste the exact link here?

des9ner

des9ner

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
When I clicked on internet banking, I use to get that page you are looking at...even with cut and paste I get :

Warning: Potentially Dangerous Web Site Detected!

You have been redirected to this Web page by the McAfee AntiPhishing Filter. The Web site you requested is in our list of Web sites that are potentially trying to obtain unauthorized confidential information. If you proceed to this site, you may be at risk, especially if you have clicked on this link from an e-mail.

Remember: Financial institutions will never ask you to confirm personal information through the Internet.

:/ !!

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Have you tried disabling Mcafee? Try disabling the Antihishing filter (just for this test) and see if you can connect to the secure site. The exact address of the secure site is...

https://s82.lanxtra.com/internet/vlogin.html

If the address of the site you connect to is different, then I'm going to guess that there is some phishing going on. If it's EXACTLY the same, then it's probably mcafee.

des9ner

des9ner

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
All of my mcafee is disabled. I really don't know where to go to disable antihing filter.? I just disable everything, when I got that pop up. I even went to security and added it to my trusted site list. :tazz:

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Did you or anyone else install the stand alone Mcafee Anti-Phishing filter? According to Mcafee, you can change settings for this filter in IE. This is what Mcafee readme has to say...

To configure the filter settings:

1. Open Internet Explorer.

2. From the Tools menu, choose ‘McAfee
Anti-Phishing Filter’ to see the Configuration
screen.

3. Deselect the ‘Enable automatic configuration
update mode’ checkbox to enable the
configuration fields.

TIP:
Changes to the filter’s configuration settings
may corrupt its performance. To return the
filter to its original state, recheck the
‘Enable automatic configuration update mode’
checkbox.

des9ner

des9ner

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
You Fixed it !!! I can get on the site. Thank you so much!!!!
Now, are they suggesting I shouldn't leave that box unchecked? Do I need to turn on all the protection, I turned off? I am really unhappy with mcafee. I have norton too. If you have any problems with their software and want help? You can pay just $2.95 a minute...just to make something you bought work right....Well, I can't thank you enough.
I totally thrilled I found this site!!! :tazz:

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts

You Fixed it !!! I can get on the site. Thank you so much!!!!

No, you did! All I did was help... but you're very welcome anyways! :)

As for keeping the filter on/off, I cannot make this decision for you. One thing I can say is that you should never have any sites in your Trusted zone in IE. You never know when a site can all of a sudden become "untrustworthy". I recommend you not have any sites in there.

It's also not recommended to run two AV programs on a single machine. I really dislike Mcafee... and I can't say too much about Norton either! :tazz:

Personally, I use AVG free version. It's very good, it's free, and it even keeps your definitions updated the same as the pay version.

I totally thrilled I found this site!!!

Yes, this site is one of the premiere help sites on the net! We are volunteers and very proud of it!

des9ner

des9ner

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks again!!!

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
You're very welcome!