Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how do i find my ip address ?

• Please log in to reply

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
hi silly question but im using a wireless for video games and i need to put in my ip address and i forget how to find it, this is windows xp operating system can someone help plz?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
what exactly are you trying to do?

marny

marny

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Chicklet,

Go here download the prog and use it every time that you want it

http://www.microsoft.../wntipcfg-o.asp

Regards......Marny

Oops DSenette is quite correct I selected this from two addresses of which one didn't work and unfortunately I posted the wrong one.

Anyway as an alternative press start click on run type "cmd" then in the black command screen type ipconfig.exe at the this should give you the info you require. To leave the screen and back to windows type "exit". This is a bit more complex I know but less hassle than downloading etc.

Regards Marny

Thanks DSENETTE for pointing out the error

Edited by marny, 02 January 2006 - 08:17 AM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
concidering you're not using windows nt....this isn't going to work....

and concidering you didn't answer my first question...i assume you either found your answer...or gave up