Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
so.....ten beeps.....pause....ten beeps? (i know this is a tedious round of questions...but it's important)

Advertisements

bongsaber69

bongsaber69

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

so.....ten beeps.....pause....ten beeps? (i know this is a tedious round of questions...but it's important)

it doesnt sound like a pause after ten, all the beeps sound the same

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
hook everything back up the way you had it before we started....with the machine still unplugged from the wall..and turned off....take out the cmos battery (looks like a watch battery) and hold the power button on the machine in for about 5 seconds....put the battery back in...plug the machine back in and try to start up

bongsaber69

bongsaber69

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

hook everything back up the way you had it before we started....with the machine still unplugged from the wall..and turned off....take out the cmos battery (looks like a watch battery) and hold the power button on the machine in for about 5 seconds....put the battery back in...plug the machine back in and try to start up

it still does the same thing again, it beeps then waits 5 seconds then beeps again, and doesnt show anything on the monitor

bongsaber69

bongsaber69

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
ok nvm it works now, but it says some drivers are missing and i pushed ctrl q and it erased all my hard drive stuff and it says now "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER" what do i do?
and thnx for your help dsenette

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
what?...could you please describe that a little better...when did you press ctrl Q?

bongsaber69

bongsaber69

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

what?...could you please describe that a little better...when did you press ctrl Q?

i forget what it said sry, i shouldve told you what it was.. all it says now is insert boot disk, or insert awdflash.exe

bongsaber69

bongsaber69

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
ok i think the problem is that it can only find one drive, cus it says it found only primary slave drive, wait now it can find secondary master too, but it should find 3 hard drives

Edited by bongsaber69, 20 December 2005 - 03:13 PM.