Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Error loading" window

• Please log in to reply

bs-vod

bs-vod

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Every time I logon I get a window that says: Error loading 0go4948.dll The specified module could not be found.
I found it when I searched my registry. If it is not used should I delete it from my registry?

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
The file doesn't show up in Google. It may be spyware related. Have you searched for this file on your computer? If you can find it, right click on it and view the properties to see who owns it, or what program the file belongs to. If it's not something you recognize, then it's probably safe to delete it in your registry... HOWEVER, be sure to export/save the registry key before deletion.

bs-vod

bs-vod

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
In my registry it is part of the Search Assitant folder. I guess that is addware

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
what is the location of that folder?

bs-vod

bs-vod

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Hkey_Current_User/Software/Microsoft/Search Assistant

bs-vod

bs-vod

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
I made a typo it should be 0go40948.dll

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
In my signature is a link to Hijackthis. Please download/install, and then "attach" a start log and a scan log to your next post. Please do not copy/paste the logs here. You can use the File attachment feature below the posting window.

bs-vod

bs-vod

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
I tried to install and reinstall hijackthi sevetral times. Every time I try to run it a window pops uand says This application has failed to startbecause MSVBM60.DLL wasnot found. Re installing may fix this problem

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts

Every time I try to run it a window pops uand says This application has failed to startbecause MSVBM60.DLL wasnot found.

You need the Visual basic runtime library. Download THIS and install it, then try reinstalling Hijackthis.

bs-vod

bs-vod

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Thanks it installed. Here is the log

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Uhhh... you forgot to "add the attachment" to your post. I'm a patient fellow... I can wait! :tazz:

bs-vod

bs-vod

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
SorryAttached File  Logfile_of_HijackThis_v1.doc   39.5KB   56 downloads

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Well, your Hijackthis log doesn't look bad. There are a few entries that are not neccessary, including that entry 0go40948.dll. There is not enough info on what this entry belongs to, but it is probably not needed.

Run a Scan of Hijackthis again and put a check mark in the line...
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [0go40948.dll] RUNDLL32.EXE 0go40948.dll,b 310234, then click on Fix checked. You will get a warning, but just confirm OK.

I am unsure about the rest of your log entries. It doesn't look like you have spyware, but just to be safe, please create a post in the Malware Forum so they can check it out there. Make sure you mention this post and that you were sent there for a quick check of your log. Also, attach a new Hijackthis log in the Malware post.

After you're done there, come back to this thread and let me know how it went. Please PM me so I don't lose your thread. :tazz:

bs-vod

bs-vod

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
I did what you instructed. However, and I don't know if this is a coincidence, I was going over to the malware forum when I got a blue screen saying : Stop: cooo21a { Fatal Sysytm Error} The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status o 0xc0000005 (0x00000000 0x00000000), The system has been shutb down. I have not a this point posted over at the malware forum yet

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Having Hijackthis fix the entry should not have caused that. Is this the first time you have seen this error? Did you install any new programs lately? I'm trying to think of what could have caused you to start seeing this> Error loading 0go4948.dll

Edited by makai, 22 December 2005 - 08:08 AM.