Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Error loading" window

• Please log in to reply

bs-vod

bs-vod

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Actually, my wife told me she got that the other day and my son as well. And now that I think of it, that corresponds to when I started receivng that 0go40948.dll error.

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
So this Fatal System error is not new?

Perhaps, it would be a good idea to run System Restore. System Restore will not affect user data, but it may rid you of your problem. The thing is, you would have to restore to a time when these problems were not present. Do you remember when the problems started?

bs-vod

bs-vod

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
First of all I really appreciate all the help you have been giving me. I have been having a problem with the Look2Me malware. Now that I think of it, I started getting the fatal error blue screen and the 0go40948.dll error when I ran l2mfix on my computer. I posted on the malware forum about this situation last week and to this present time I have still to receive a reply from them. Another funky thing that happened, was a log in was created on my computer that is pass word protected. I have all my family members with their own log in and now I have one that is called L2Mfix.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Sorry for taking so long to reply. I've been reading what you just wrote and trying to formulate some kind of answer for you.

The bad part is that if you do a System Restore, you will likely restore the Look2me malware. Not neccessarily, but maybe.

However, there is a chance that the restore would get rid of the password protected L2Mfix account.

It's a hard call.

Let me get some other eyes over here to this thread, malware and technical, and see what direction is the best to take. It will take a little time, so please try to be patient. Thanks.

Edited by makai, 22 December 2005 - 09:35 AM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
could you post the entire stop message from the BSOD?
if you're not still getting it then

In safe mode:

Right click MY COMPUTER, choose PROPERTIES, choose ADVANCED, choose the SETTINGS button in the Startup And RECOVERY section, and uncheck AUTOMATICALLY RESTART

Now reboot. This should result in the BSOD error...report the STOP ERROR and any parameters.

start > run, type
eventvwr.msc
<enter>

Look under systems and applications for items with red Xs that happened at the SAME time as your problem...list them here.

bs-vod

bs-vod

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Thanks for assisting

Stop: c00021a { Fatal Sysytm Error} The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x80000007 (0x00000000 0x00000000), The system has been shut down.

Apllication Errors over last few days numerous times are:
MsInstaller
Application Error
Application Hang

System errors over last few days numerous times are:
DCOM
Service Control Manager
W32Time

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://win-xp-sp.blo...em-process.html that looks promising

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Hello bs-vod,

I have a feeling that all these errors will disappear once the malware is taken care of. I think it would be a good idea for you to concentrate only on the malware thread until it's done, then return here... and give us all good news! :tazz:

bs-vod

bs-vod

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Will do ! Thanks

bs-vod

bs-vod

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Everyting seems to be fine except for one thing. I was told to do a task in Safe Mode. It seems I can do no more than one task in Safe Mode. If I try to do more it freezes up. Please note my PC does not freeze in Normal mode. Is this a software or hardware problem? I am concerned because Safe Mode is there for you when you have a problem. It's not a good thing when Safe Mode has errors.

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Hello,
Gee, almost forgot about you. Anyways, what "task" are you supposed to do in Safe mode?

In Safe mode, you say you can do no more than one task... what exactly do you mean. Which task?

BTW, when you next reply to this tread please PM either myself or dsenette so we don't miss your post. Thanks!

Edited by makai, 29 December 2005 - 01:51 PM.

bs-vod

bs-vod

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
This has been happening for some time. I guess what I am saying is that I cannont navigate from task to task. Let's say I wanted to run a defrag. If I get into it and that's the only thing that's done in safe mode then no freeze. But say I wanted to run CW shredder or anything else (doesn't matter) and I go on to let's say delete a file that would not delete in normal mode then I get freeze up. Or if a certain task takes a couple of programs to cmplete then, once again, freeze up. I hope I am coming across clearly.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Can you boot to Safe mode and run hijackthis. "Attach" a start log and scan log to your next reply. Please use the File Attachment feature below the posting window to attach your files.

While Safe mode is supposed to load only what is neccessary to run your computer, some apps will still load up. Specifically Norton. I do believe you have norton running on your computer, and perhaps it's settings could be conflicting with something. You might try disabling Norton start up and seeing if you still get the freezes in Safe mode.

bs-vod

bs-vod

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Here is the HJT log run in Safe Mode

Attached Files

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Can you "attach" a Startup Log also. To do this run HJT click on Config>Misc Tools... at the top of the screen click on Generate Startuplist log... check the two boxes on the right of the button before you generate the log.

Also, did you ever try to start Safe mode with networking to see if the same problem exists?

Also, will you try disabling Norton start up and starting in Safe mode. See if the problem still persist. And, also, attach a HJT Scan log... name the log SafewithoutNorton so I know which log is which.

Notes: The Start log you're going to attach is with Norton still running. The Scan log is after you disable Norton start up.

Sorry if this seems like it will take a long time to resolve. It would be so much easier if I were sitting at your keyboard! Over the internet is VERY TOUGH and SLOW!

Thanks