Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

comp messed up

• Please log in to reply

ongoing

ongoing

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
hi i dont know what to do my son was messing around at my comp now the desktop is sideways i dont know what he did also i am getting brown trailing streaks across my desktop

Advertisements

physician

physician

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

hi i dont know what to do my son was messing around at my comp now the desktop is sideways i dont know what he did also i am getting brown trailing streaks across my desktop

what exactly is wrong with your desktop? Are your icons askew? You can right click on a blank spot of the screen and then you will have the choice to arrange your icons by file size, alphabetical, date, etc. Are the brown trailing streaks from your mouse? If so, you can go into your mouse controls in your control panel and fix that - trailing must be enabled - play with your mouse settings or you may have the option to restore them to default...doc

Guest_1069_*

Guest_1069_*
Hi try one of these:

Try pressing these keys Ctrl + Alt + F12 and select normal view

or

Right click an empty spot on your desktop> properties>settings>advanced and look for a rotation tab, you should be able to fix it there.

ongoing

ongoing

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
thanks i my windows desktop is normal again........the trailing streaks are from my mouse but my whole screen gets covered with a brown shadow can barley see anything on my comp

Guest_1069_*

Guest_1069_*
Just out of interest - which one fixed the screen for you?

ongoing

ongoing

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
it was your help 1069 thanks a lot :tazz:

Guest_1069_*

Guest_1069_*
You are very welcome :tazz: but could you tell me which option you fixed it with please?

ongoing

ongoing

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
ctrl-alt-up screen is normal thanks

Guest_1069_*

Guest_1069_*
Thanks - regarding your mouse trail Physician suggested earlier Control Panel > Mouse I think it should give you a MOTION option ( not on XP at the moment) and uncheck Pointer Trail if there is a check mark against it.

edit:

back on XP - from Mouse in Control Panel select Pointer Options if there is a check mark against Display Pointer Trails remove it click Apply / OK

Edited by 1069, 20 December 2005 - 03:54 AM.