Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Building another pc

• Please log in to reply

Mikey127

Mikey127

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
well i ordered the stuff around the 25th but got errors saying payment wouldnt go through.went insane on that tryed 3x and failed, turned out $1000 limit per day!~ :woot: then stuff didnt ship till after new years so it got here around the 9th. well i put everything together ram/mobo/case/graphics card/cpu/heatsink fan and then closed the case.went to hook the moniter up omg! it doesnt fit so i spend a day on that and then find a adapter piece.boot it up install windows/programs ect- now heres where the problem is..

Posted Image
Posted Image
so im like : omg nooo my power supply wont work, possibly yes but it meets the requirements but ill buy a new one next week to be able to overclock anyway.also on pcpitstop test my graphics card is running at less than a 6200 turbo by 1 point...(i dont trust that site but thats still pretty messed up 50% of 88 similar)
so i spend time researching that!turns out the molex cable isnt plugged into graphics card.so i go plug that in
well its plugged in and my performance rises 5% and no longer get the error but it isnt as the level is should be and then i hear a awful screaching sound coming from pc(i have very good hearing :)) so i unplug it guessing that it isnt plugged into the right place, and here i am...
where do i plug this in at?i also have a hdd led cable that has nowhere to go :tazz:
overall id say it was worth it and i learned alot and had fun :)

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Lmao, you are lucky that you didnt damage your video card.

Make shure the dual molex to 12v power connector is hooked up right.

You have to hook up 2 of your powersupplies molex connectors to it then to the video cards power connector. Make shure you just didnt hook up one molex connector to the adapter included.

Make shure you use the same molex 12 volt wire running from the powersupply for hooking to the adapter.

Dont use 2 different molex connectors from 2 different leads.

Edited by jrm20, 15 January 2006 - 12:30 PM.

Mikey127

Mikey127

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Posted Image
theres nothing with 2 connectors on my power supply.. and i dont have a adapter >.< think im missing a cable Posted Image
Posted Image
and scot you were right about the gamepad it was horrible! even worse it came with final fantasy xi.... :tazz: worst game currently loved by 1000s

Edited by Mikey127, 15 January 2006 - 05:23 PM.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Lol, you misunderstood me.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
The adapter you circled. See how it has 3 wires from one molex connector and 3 wires from the other molex connector going into the special pci express video card end that has 6 holes.

Use to of your molex connectors from your power supply and hook to both of them.

MAKE SHURE THAT YOU USE THE 2 MOLEX CONNECTORS ON THE SAME RAIL.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
It shoulda told you that in the manual as well.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Posted Image

See the 2 molex connectors that I circled on the powersupply.

Now, plug those to the 2 on the video card adapter that you circled.

Easy as pie man.

Edited by jrm20, 15 January 2006 - 05:37 PM.

Mikey127

Mikey127

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
thanks, brb gonna try to hook up