Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help! My computer hates me

• Please log in to reply

buzbybakers

buzbybakers

• Pip
  • 2 posts
About a month ago i was just browsing the internet when my computer just up and shut off. It didnt go through a shut down process, the screen just went black and it doesnt even reboot..I have to take the power plug out and wait a bit for it to turn back on. This has happened several times without warning or prompted by any specific action. I can use my computer for up to two days or two minutes, it all depends on her mood i guess I'm using a sony vaio pcv-w20 with windows XP. Could it be that i have a screwy cord? because also about a month ago i had to pull my computer cord until the metal kind of bent because it was stuck behind a huge china case. I'm hoping that is the problem and not something internal. Anyone who can please help me out. I'm surprised i een got to type this much.Thanks

El Gran, Tito

Edited by buzbybakers, 19 December 2005 - 11:04 PM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts

About a month ago i was just browsing the internet when my computer just up and shut off.

about a month ago i had to pull my computer cord until the metal kind of bent because it was stuck behind a huge china case

Try with another power cord first