Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

On Load Script

• Please log in to reply

bennydog

bennydog

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
I have a large background, I was wondering if i had a OnLoad script that the background may load up at the very end so that the rest of my html could load.
Many Thanks
Ben

Advertisements

lc11

lc11

• Pip
  • 4 posts
If the rest of your html is text it should load quickly. Have you tried optimising your background to make it smaller? Try using something like Xat image optimiser (www.xat.com).

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
what about a preloading all of your images?? that whould cause the whole thing to come up as one thing. but you must remeber you dont whant it to take more thean 10 seconds to load on a 56k connection

bennydog

bennydog

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

....using something like Xat image optimiser (www.xat.com).

what about a preloading all of your images?? that whould cause the whole thing to come up as one thing. but you must remeber you dont whant it to take more thean 10 seconds to load on a 56k connection

Thx using Xat i can now, using the web simulator as well as the optimiser, making all my images the right size to run on a slow connection, thx

:tazz:

Edited by bennydog, 29 December 2005 - 06:57 AM.