Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD help

• Please log in to reply

BTPH

BTPH

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
Okay VERY long story short

My brother just graduated highschool this year and throughout the year his class shot video footage and are now making a graduation DVD, not sure what the point of it is but anyway...

Basically they hired some kind of 'professional' to make a DVD for them with a bunch of assorted video files they gave him, looking at the menus he did do a cery good professional looking job, but someone gave him one wrong file, they made 2 different long movies, each about an hour or 2, and they picked one of them to put on the disc, they accidentally put the wrong one on..... the spoke to the guy he told them hes happy to fix it, but because it was their mistake theyd have to pay extra, which they are unwilling to do at this point.

so i basically took my very limited DVD knowledge, ripped the DVD using DVD decrypter, the file they needed changed was VTS_04_01, vts_04_02 and vts_04_03.vob, so i took the correct video, used divxtodvd to turn it into a vob file, renamed it to vts_04_01 and 04_02, deleted the original 03, left the original ifo file intact and just replaced the old files with the new ones, now the DVD doesant show any menus, it just skips to the main video file, im not quite sure how to fix this, a mate of mine told me i had to remap the ifo files, he didnt know how exactly to do this but it sounds credible enough so...

can someone suggest anything?

Advertisements