Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

edit start menu links?

• Please log in to reply

neverborn

neverborn

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
guys,
i was going bent on reformatting my c: drive earlier so i transferred all data files to my d: drive. now i've decided NOT to reformat as i'm getting help clearing up my computer from the malware forum (excellent guys), but i'm keeping all the files in d: anyway. i was wondering if any of you knew how to edit the path of the 'my music' link in the start menu. is it a simple matter of moving the folder altogether?

was able to redirect the 'my documents' and 'my pictures' links to their [new]respective folders in d: using PCBooster. it didn't have the option of doing that to the music folder too, though. any suggestions are very much welcome. thanks!

Advertisements

TheBrotherhood313

TheBrotherhood313

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Should just be able to move the My Music folder or which ever one you want to use to your D drive and everything should be ok from there.
If thats not the case then i really have no clue.

Aslyfox

Aslyfox

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Remove the icon "My Music" from the desktop.
Go into your D: Drive
Locate your music file
Right click it and make a shortcut to it
Place shortcut on desktop
Rename it My Music.

neverborn

neverborn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
don't have a 'my music' icon on the desktop, just in the start menu. anyway i think moving the entire folder will do the trick. thanks guys!