Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AZESEARCH Toolbar

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

origami

origami

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
:cheers:!ATTENTION!:cheers:
you can get rid of it by just puting a _ in front of the file names that u come up with when searching for "aze" after u rename tham u just reboot ur system and delete them. DON'T VIEW ANY OF THEM. (there should be about 3) but afterward they're gone :tazz: ;) i am such a :thumbsup:

Advertisements

mike325

mike325

• Pip
  • 1 posts
To remove the azesearch toolbar I did a system restore shortly after I noticed it. It worked for me. I'm using Windows XP.

Mondane

Mondane

• Pip
  • 1 posts
;) ,, dam,, why cant it be that easy for me,, ive tried renaming ect ,, but say i cant ,, as it say file in use ,, how do i get around this,, i know,, call my Stupid, :tazz: ,, any help would be good,, (windows 2000 ) :thumbsup:
Posted Image

batiboi

batiboi

• Pip
  • 1 posts
well i have xp ( dont know if this will work on 2000 ) do the alt+crtl+del thing , and end all the processes that shouldnt be there ( ive had a lot of trojan problems so im quite familiar with that to leave alone , if u end the wrong process ur comp will shut down lol ) and 1 of them is the process for the file that is in use , and u can then delete it , howeva that frukkin bar will come bak on the next dai , lol thats what its juss done for me , and i tried that go to the site and the uninstall thing DOESNT WORK, im juss gonna kik my computa soon lol , maybe sum peeps could giv that site a real hack bashing , i know im gonna try hahaha , peace out peeps

apollo325

apollo325

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks anando altering the the files to TXT files and then deleating them
worked first time arround spot on mate :tazz:

svetlim

svetlim

• Pip
  • 1 posts
ok, try to use this:

regsvr32 /u /s C:\WINDOWS\System32\azesearch.ocx

but 1st check in windows\system32\ for azesearch.ocx
this is for new version on this stupid search engine.

after that you can dele 3 files azesearch.??? in windows\system32

and with regedit to remove all strings from Registry.

this work for us :tazz:

Svetli and ioio

ledzeppelin360

ledzeppelin360

• Pip
  • 8 posts
if you go to the bottom of page on there web site it will get ride of it.In replacement of that one it will put another type of spyware on your comp.ther is a few good anti-spyware programs that will get rid of it.One ad-aware se personal http://www.lavasoftu...ftware/adaware/ and Spybot search & destroy. www.safer-networking.org scan complete computer and quaritine all

Pr3d4tOr

Pr3d4tOr

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Okay, I tried to go to their site, but they seemed to block me from it!!! :tazz: I give up on that, but seriously, last time I got that I had to restart the whole system, anyone know HOW to DELETE this thing for good? ;)

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
PR. Welcome to GTG. :tazz:

Please Click here!, and follow the recommendations in the guide.

If you're still having trouble, We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool, Hijack This. Follow the instructions in step five of this guide, and post your log as a new topic in the Hijack This forum. It will get a better response there from the people most qualified to analyze logs.

Most of what Hijack This lists lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

DJ Moonshine can't spell

DJ Moonshine can't spell

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Deleted

Edited by coachwife6, 15 March 2005 - 04:39 AM.

Advertisements

darammer

darammer

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I got rid of it with Hyjackthis. It deleted all the ocx and dll files.
Now my problem before was that I could not click any link in a webpage.
Somehow any link to a picture or other files besides a webpagelink would
not work. When the AZE searchbar was installed all my links worked.
After deleting AZE I am back to the dame problem. Anyo :tazz: ne?

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
darammer. Please post a hijack this log in the malware section and someone will look at it. The instructions are located when you click in my signature. :tazz:

harrilb

harrilb

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I can't get rid of the stupid AZE search! It's driving me crazy! I tried going to that site litsted on the forum and highlighting the link, but there isn't one.... I also tried searching my computer and renaming it... but it wont let me delete it! HELP! :tazz:

imabrickwall

imabrickwall

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
You may have removed the toolbar but there is a very good chance that spyware still remains on your computer. You should do some routine checks using adaware and Search and destroy
get them from the geeks to go download section

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
This topic has been closed. If it needs to be reopened, please contact a staff memember.