Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help cant find any key

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

allaackbaa

allaackbaa

• Pip
  • 3 posts
My computer comes up with a blue screen thinge and then tells me to press the anykey to continue. Were the heck is the anykey i have looked for hours all over my keyboard and i cant find the stupid thing. Do i have to have a specil key board?

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
"anykey" means any key on your keyboard. It used to mean the spacebar, but then now it just means any key.

allaackbaa

allaackbaa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
ok i know it means anykey on my keyboard but were is the anykey located at. Sry if i wasnt clear.

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
just press the space bar and you're set.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
There is no such key on your keyboard... or any keyboard, called anykey.

allaackbaa

allaackbaa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok thanx numb. so what is they anykey then makai?

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts

so what is they anykey then makai?

Webster defines... any
Main Entry: 1any
Pronunciation: 'e-nE
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English [AE]nig; akin to Old High German einag any, Old English An one -- more at ONE
1 : one or some indiscriminately of whatever kind: a : one or another taken at random <ask any man you meet> b : EVERY -- used to indicate one selected without restriction <any child would know that>
2 : one, some, or all indiscriminately of whatever quantity: a : one or more -- used to indicate an undetermined number or amount <have you any money> b : ALL -- used to indicate a maximum or whole <needs any help he can get> c : a or some without reference to quantity or extent <grateful for any favor at all>
3 a : unmeasured or unlimited in amount, number, or extent <any quantity you desire> b : appreciably large or extended <could not endure it any length of time>

Webster defines... key
5 a : one of the levers of a keyboard musical instrument that actuates the mechanism and produces the tones b : a lever that controls a vent in the side of a woodwind instrument or a valve in a brass instrument c : a part to be depressed by a finger that serves as one unit of a keyboard

If you scroll up to my reply #2, you'll find my definition. :tazz:

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
if he still doesn't get it, I'm gonna start to believe that he's not being serious...

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

if he still doesn't get it, I'm gonna start to believe that he's not being serious...

What gave you the first clue? :)

I think this has gone far enough now.

allaackbaa, you have given us all a good laugh, but your gig is up kiddo. I'm sure that the school officials in Creston, Iowa would like to see what you've been using their computers for here. Another giveaway to your troll status would be your "operating system" over there under your profile pic, as well as the email address you used to register with. yes, I know what it is. :tazz: Very original, I might add.

As you can see, we are actually busy here, HELPING people. We don't have time to play games with you while you get your giggles from computer class, or detention, or wherever it is in the SCHOOL you are supposed to be right now.

This thread is now closed. Posted Image