Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Language ?

• Please log in to reply

D.A. Johnson

D.A. Johnson

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Frustated, Gave My Dell XPS 450 , to my daughter, so she could have a computer, and Her New husband,, downloaded something, and changed the language, I have tried everything, that I know to change it back, but can not read anything, also there are colored lines on the screen, with the new language, Have tried Three different monitor, new hard drives, just to make sure that it was ok,, have gotten into the setup mode, but can not read anything,,

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
In most cases, Internet Explorer will automatically display the correct language characters for the site. If the correct characters do not display:

* On the View menu, click Encoding, and then click Auto-Select.
* Click the Refresh button.

or :

If you have an International Menus and Dialogs package installed, to change the language of your menus and dialogs:

1. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
2. Click the Languages button.
3. Click the Change button.
4. On the drop-down menu, choose the language you want.

Follow same procedure to change back to your original language.

Let me know if this helps.

Ron