Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE

• Please log in to reply

kiwimiss

kiwimiss

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Hi... previously i was having no probs going back n forth to a website i visited freguently, until now.

Please assist me to recitfy this problem so i may return to this website. :tazz:

Thank you.

Advertisements

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
have you tried cleaning out your temporary internet files and cookies?

tools-->internet options.

kiwimiss

kiwimiss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
:tazz: yes n used ccleaner n spybot as well as adaware se personal. I had to recall 2 hours before, what i had done and realised that I had typed, msconfig in "Run" then to start up n unchecked adprot n NewDot~1. I dont think by unchecking those, it would've caused this problem. On the other hand maybe it did.

hmmmm i may need to re-check those 2.

Thank you Numb Remxed, for your reply..... Merry Christmas n a Happy, Prosperous New Year.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Hello,
Uhhh... Newdot is spyware! I think you should create a post in the Malware Forum and have them check your machine.

kiwimiss

kiwimiss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
:) Please excuse my delay to your post n thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately it was a friends laptop I was using when this problem occurred. She has taken note of what you had said n will register geekstogo to continue for further assistance. Hope you had an enjoyable Christmas n New years.

Kind regards .. Kiwimiss :tazz: