Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Restore

• Please log in to reply

FOXYGRANDMA

FOXYGRANDMA

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

On a web page, click tools, then internet options, on the general tab, click delete cookies then click delete files, tick include offline content, click clear history, close the web page, open the browser then try this one

http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner

Advertisements

FOXYGRANDMA

FOXYGRANDMA

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Just finished using this and got a report that no malware was found. But I do know that something is wrong. This took 17 minutes to download and install. And the first couple of times I tried to download it, I would let the Active X control install and it would take me right back to the Download Page. So that took a while. It only scanned 14, 251 files. I used the Critical Area to scan. Also, I used the other button—Kaspersky File Button, I had it scan a few things and got No Virus found. Then when I put in the stng259.exe (The McAffee standalone online virus scan), the downloading bar was full, but it just stayed there and did not show me any kind of message. So I am going to un-install that.

Boy. this computer loves to pick on me! :) :tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Use it to scan the computer, critical areas will only scan some of it, no need to watch it
, start it when you log on then just use the PC and check it every 20 minutes or so, at least Kapersky running shows it was something with Trend and not the PC

FOXYGRANDMA

FOXYGRANDMA

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Use it to scan the computer, critical areas will only scan some of it, no need to watch it
, start it when you log on then just use the PC and check it every 20 minutes or so, at least Kapersky running shows it was something with Trend and not the PC

FOXYGRANDMA

FOXYGRANDMA

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
All right. Will do. Thank you. Happy New Year!

http://www.wiseheart...2006/ny2006.htm