Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

win 98 direct X 6.0 Path

• Please log in to reply

bamaroxz

bamaroxz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When I start my computer (DELL Optiplex) I get a message "direct X flie path not found". I click browse, got to Program Files, Direct X, and onto Setup. The folder is empty I guess because there is nothing there. The window in which it appears at first start up is "cd rom not detected". When I cancel this operation my computer does nothing at this piont and will go no further to start. I am not very smart when it comes things of this nature. When I shut down the computer about a year ago, everything was fine. I am trying to get this running for a Chritmas present to my brother. I hope you can help. Thanks. What is Direct X, and just if my cd rom program was lost, why will it not boot up? Should I download the WIN 98 boot disk from bootdisk.com? If I have the floppy to install the CD Rom (BENQ), can I put it in the floppy drive at start up?

Advertisements

Guest_1069_*

Guest_1069_*
bamaroxz,

Silly question - are you booting up with a cd in the drive?