Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can Only Access Home Page

• Please log in to reply

Berocca

Berocca

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
I have just installed a new hard drive on an Acer Travel Mate.

I then loaded Windows XP

Then rang my service provider and arranged a connection to the internet. It worked without any problems.

I then attempted to download the Windows XP updates, but eventually gave up when I couldn't locate them. I then decided to insert the Service Pack 2 CD, which loaded well, but I now find that all internet sites (except my home page) are blocked including Geeks to Go and Microsoft. I am typing this message from my PC.

Any tips on how to get the internet working, again so I can access other sites apart from my home page which is Google.

Edited by Berocca, 21 December 2005 - 12:12 PM.

Advertisements

Doorslam

Doorslam

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
What happens when you try to access another site besides your homepage? Do you get an error? Also, what kind of internet connection are you using on your Acer, wireless or a land line?

Can you access any other internet apps besies IE such as AIM or any kind of internet games or anything?